The stars are out and shining for animal causes. Here are some of the inspiring things they’re doing:
- Ryan Phillippe made his son’s (and a dog’s) day by adopting a shelter mutt.
- Outraged by the slaughter of 100 sled dogs in British Columbia, Vampire Diaries star Ian Somerhalder started his own foundation and is lobbying for stronger cruelty-to-animals laws.
- Project Runway’s Nina Garcia wanted to start Rachel Zoe’s baby off on a compassionate foot with a faux-fur baby blanket.
- Katherine Heigl saved a puppy from being bait for a dogfighting ring and added to her family of rescued pooches.
- Lea Black told her Real Housewives co-star that real meat from real pigs is really cruel.
- Josh Altman said that adopting a rescued dog is a million-dollar idea.
Written by Michelle Sherrow