When we heard that Muslims on social media have been connecting with each other using the hashtag #VeganRamadan—shout-out to BuzzFeed—we, of course, had to check it out. We weren’t surprised to discover that Ramadan and vegan eating work harmoniously together, but we were certainly delighted.
According to this article, Muslims fast during Ramadan to “remind them of the suffering of those less fortunate.” Animals who are abused and killed for food suffer immensely, and eating vegan is the best gift that anyone could offer them.
Ramadan ends tomorrow. To celebrate, we’ve rounded up nine of our favorite #VeganRamadan Instagram photos. Try not to drool too much!
1. No cheese was used in the making of this kunafa:
2. Noodles, spinach, veggies, and teriyaki? We’re all in.
3. When Greek yogurt isn’t vegan, make your own.
4. Even more proof that jackfruit makes everything better:
5. Avocado and almond ricotta? Sign us up.
6. Vegan crispy chow mein #FTW:
7. Because chia seeds are delicious on almost anything:
8. Whatever this is, we want seven of them:
9. Saved the best for last:
Like what you see? You can eat vegan, too!
Luckily, you can enjoy delicious vegan eats every day of the year. Thanks to PETA’s vegan starter kit, going vegan has never been easier. Click below to order your free kit. And be sure to check out our Animals in Islam site to learn more about this religion’s compassion for animals.