Intern at PETA or the PETA Foundation
Interested in helping animals? Looking for an internship where your actions will make a difference? Interning at PETA or the PETA Foundation may be perfect for you!
What will I get to do?
Here at PETA and the PETA Foundation, we do everything bigger, louder, and better—even our internship program! Each internship is unique in the experiences it provides. You’ll get to work with (not for) staff members to sharpen your skills as an animal rights activist. You could help raise awareness about animal rights through public outreach and direct animal care, improve yourself with in-office trainings and seminars, enjoy delicious vegan lunches, and so much more.
One day, you may be on the road with our campaign staff or spending time with peta2 at Warped Tour, reaching thousands of young people with animal rights information. The next, you may be helping us research the top vegan-friendly college campuses. Whatever their interests, our interns are right in the mix of it all. Talk about exposure—our interns are able to attend daily brainstorming sessions with PETA President Ingrid E. Newkirk and Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman as well as several members of senior staff to discuss the news of the day and how we can get animal rights into the conversation. No two of our internships are alike, and we’re dreaming up new and exciting projects every day.
Do I qualify?
Pumped up and ready make a difference? Take a quick look at our requirements to make sure that this is the best opportunity for you. We want folks who are ready to learn more about animal rights issues, are eager to experience firsthand what it’s like to be an activist, and want to see how a nonprofit works. Whether you’re new to animal rights activism or a seasoned veteran, we want to work with you!
Here are the basics:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be signed up for PETA’s Action Team or be involved with either peta2’s college campaigns and outreach or the Street Team.
- You must have at least one year of work or volunteer experience.
- You must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You must support PETA’s philosophy. (Get familiar with the issues by clicking here.)
- You must share a commitment to the objectives of the organization.
Awesome! How do I apply?
If you’re ready to help animals, then we’re ready to help you. For our general internships, applications are accepted year round. To be considered, click the button below and submit the following:
- A cover letter
- A résumé (Tell us about the animal rights club that you started, your volunteer work with an open-admission animal shelter, or even that summer you spent abroad.)
- Three letters of recommendation (These should be from teachers, managers, etc.—accolades from your mom won’t cut it!)
- A video, a PowerPoint presentation, or something else that shows off you and your personality (This is your chance to wow us!)
In addition to our general office internships, we also have other unique internship opportunities available, including the following: