Wild Mushroom TartsPrint
- 1 pkg. vegan phyllo pastry sheets
- 3 Tbsp. vegan cream cheese (chive flavor)
- 1 tub vegan Tartex mushroom pâté
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped wild mushrooms
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 sprig thyme, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Defrost 3 to 4 layered phyllo sheets, cut into 4-inch squares, and use to line a muffin tin.
- Blend the vegan cream cheese and Tartex pâté.
- Stir in the walnuts, setting aside a few for garnish.
- Add the pâté mixture to the phyllo-lined muffin tin.
- Sauté the wild mushrooms in the olive oil until browned and layer on top of the pâté.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until browned. Garnish with chopped walnuts and thyme, if using.
Makes 6 to 8 tarts
Recipe adapted from Plant-Based Foods, Inc.