1 3/4 cups pastry flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/3 cup Earth Balance margarine
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup water
2 Tbsp. vanilla
1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
• Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour an 8-inch cake pan. Line the pan with parchment.
• In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
• In a separate smaller bowl, whisk the salt, margarine, sugar, water, vanilla, and vinegar until blended.
• Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, whisking until smooth. Pour the batter into the cake pan.
• Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
• Cool the cake in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and allow to cool.
Makes 8-10 servings