Divine Vegan Latkes for HanukkahPrint
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Oil, for frying
- Mix together the potatoes, onion, flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until well combined. Form the mixture into patties about 3 inches in diameter.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the patties and fry until golden brown, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a paper towel for a few minutes in order to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve hot with vegan sour cream or applesauce and enjoy.
Makes 4 servings