Vegan Gefilte FishPrint
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- Matzo meal
- Boil the potatoes until tender, drain, and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Warm 1 tablespoonful of the oil in a pan and sauté the onion until golden brown.
- Cut the ends off the eggplant and slice in half lengthwise. Brush the flesh with the remaining oil and place the two halves flesh side down on a baking sheet. Pierce the skins with a fork several times. Bake until the skin begins to shrivel and the flesh is soft, about 20 to 30 minutes. Remove and discard the skins.
- Mash the potatoes and cooked eggplant together. Add the onion, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Mix in matzo meal until firm.
- Shape into small patties.
- Place on an oiled baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Makes about 12 servings