Vegan Funnel CakePrint
- Oil, for frying
- 1 1/2 cups nondairy milk
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
- Heat 2 to 3 inches of oil over medium heat (350°F) in a skillet.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients except the powdered sugar in a large bowl and mix until smooth.
- Cover the small end of a funnel and pour the mixture into the wide end. Uncover the small end and slowly pour the batter into the hot oil, forming layered circles.
- Fry until slightly browned, about 1 to 2 minutes, then carefully flip using a shallow metal strainer. Do not fry for more than 2 minutes on each side or the cake will get hard.
- Remove from the oil and sprinkle with powdered sugar.