- 4 Idaho baking potatoes, scrubbed and dried
- 1/2 vegan sour cream
- 3 Tbsp. vegan butter, divided
- 2 Tbsp. vegan bacon bits
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan
- 2-3 Tbsp. chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Poke a few holes in each potato, or wrap in aluminum foil, and bake for 45 minutes, or until tender. Alternatively, they can be microwaved for 5 to 10 minutes. Allow them to cool slightly, cut open the top of each, then scoop out most of the insides of the potatoes, leaving about 1/4 inch in the shell.
- Put the scooped-out potato into a bowl, add the nondairy sour cream and 2 Tbsp. of the vegan butter, and mash or whip until smooth and fluffy. Stir in the “bacon” bits, vegan parmesan, chives, salt, and pepper and then fill each potato shell with this mixture.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet. Melt the remaining 1 Tbsp. of vegan butter and brush or drizzle it over the top of each potato. Sprinkle the potatoes with paprika, and cook them in the oven for another 10 minutes until the tops are browned.
Makes 4 servings