1 block extra firm tofu
1/3 cup light tamari soy sauce
1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
1/4 cup maple syrup or other sweetener
1 pkg. Original Shake ’n’ Bake
• Cut tofu into 1/2” slices (one block makes about 8 or 9 slices), and then cut the slices in half to make “fingers.”
• Mix the soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, and sweetener in a bowl and pour over the tofu. Cover the tofu and let it marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours (the longer you leave it in the marinade, the better it tastes).
• When you are ready to use the tofu, remove it from the marinade and coat all the “fingers” with Shake ’n’ Bake.
• Cover the bottom of a nonstick frying pan with vegetable oil. Place all the “fingers” in the pan and cook over medium heat until both sides are golden brown.
• When the tofu “fingers” are ready, pat them down with a paper towel to get rid some of the excess oil. Serve immediately with plum sauce or other desired condiment.
Makes 2 servings