Teriyaki Chicken Sushi Burrito (Vegan)Print
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds, optional
- 2–3 thin pineapple spears
- 1 pkg. vegan chicken strips
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 sheet nori
- 1/2 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Cook the rice according to the package directions. Add the vinegar, sugar, salt, vegetable oil, and sesame seeds and mix. Let cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the pineapple spears and vegan chicken in shallow dish and pour the teriyaki sauce over them. Set aside to marinate.
- Place the sheet of nori lengthwise, with the dull side up, on a sushi rolling mat or piece of plastic wrap. Cover the entire sheet, except for a 1-inch strip at the top, with a layer of rice.
- Lay the pineapple, vegan chicken, carrots, bell pepper, and avocado in a line across the middle of the sheet. Carefully roll the sheet from the bottom. Moisten the strip of nori at the top with water and seal the roll together.
- Cut in half and serve with tortilla chips.
Makes 1 sushi burrito