Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Rolls (Vegan)Print
- 1 pkg. extra-firm tofu, drained
- 8 oz. fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in water for at least 1 hour and drained
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk
- 1 pkg. lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 pkg. vegan chicken strips
- Parsley, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the tofu, spinach, 1/2 teaspoonful of the garlic, 1 teaspoonful of the lemon juice, 1/4 cup nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper to a large bowl and mix with your hands, making sure that the tofu is crumbled. Set aside.
- Add the cashews, nondairy milk, the remaining garlic, the remaining lemon juice, the remaining nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper to a blender and blend until smooth. If the sauce is too thick, add water or more milk until the desired consistency is reached.
- Spread some of the tofu mix on a lasagna noodle, followed by three pieces of the vegan chicken. Roll the noodle up and place in a greased baking dish. Repeat until you have as many rolls as will fit in the dish. Pour the sauce over top and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until heated through.
- Top with parsley, if desired, and serve.
Makes 6 servings