1 pkg. large manicotti tubes
1 lb. firm tofu, drained and rinsed
1 10-oz. box frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning (blend of oregano, marjoram, thyme, rosemary, basil, sage)
1/2 tsp. salt
3 green onions (scallions), including green part, sliced thin
8 oz. white button mushrooms, coarsely chopped
28 oz. of your favorite marinara pasta sauce
• Boil 10 manicotti shells until they’re just shy of al dente—that way they won’t fall apart when you’re stuffing them—and drain them.
• Plop the tofu into a medium-sized mixing bowl and crumble with your hands. Add the spinach and fold into the tofu with a fork, breaking up the strands of spinach, and mix evenly with the crumbled tofu. Stir in Italian seasoning, salt, onions, and mushrooms.
• Using your fingers, stuff the manicotti shells with the tofu mixture until each is plump and full. Lay them in a covered casserole dish (more than one layer is OK) and pour your favorite tomato-based pasta sauce over them.
• Cover and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes to an hour (45 minutes if you just have one layer of shells).
• Remove from the oven and give it a few minutes to cool off before serving.