Nacho-Style Vegan Mac ‘n’ CheesePrint
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight, rinsed, and drained
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 1 cup nondairy milk
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 12-oz. box elbow macaroni, cooked
- Add the cashews, bell pepper, nutritional yeast, garlic, shallot, nondairy milk, and lime juice to a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour over the macaroni and serve with your favorite nacho toppings (try beans, meatless crumbles, guacamole, and hot sauce).
Makes 6 to 8 servings