- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups pasta of your choice
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 cup lentils
- 3 cups water (or as needed)
- 3/4 cup vegetables of your choice (optional)
- 3/4 tsp raw red or green chilis
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds or powdered mustard
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard, cooking for a few minutes.
- Add the turmeric, cooking for 1 minute.
- Add the lentils and water and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat. Cook for 5 minutes, uncovered, adding water if a lot evaporates.
- Drop the pasta and the vegetables into the sauce mixture.
- Add the raw red chilis, curry powder and salt. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 45 minutes.