Elvis Cupcakes from ‘Baconish’Print
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 very ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla vegan yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups Frosting
- 1/4 cup Coconut Bacon
- 12 dehydrated, sweetened banana chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- In another medium bowl, combine the oil, bananas, vegan yogurt, and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cupcake liners so that they are each about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown. A toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake should come out clean. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- When the cupcakes are cooled, generously top with the frosting. Sprinkle the top with about 1 tsp. Coconut Bacon and place a banana chip in the frosting.
Note: You want the bananas to be very ripe. Mostly covered with dark brown spots is perfect. The riper the banana, the moister the cake and the richer the banana flavor.
Makes 12 servings
Hungry for more? Add Baconish to your cookbook collection today.