6 Ways to Make Easy Vegan Cheesecake (Video)Print
- Egg replacer equivalent to 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegan cookies (such as graham crackers, ginger cookies, or sandwich cookies)
- 1/3 cup vegan margarine
- 16-oz. vegan cream cheese
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Prepare the egg replacer according to the package directions.
- Add the cookies and softened margarine to a food processor and pulse until consistent. Transfer to a 9-inch pie pan, preferably a springform pan.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the vegan cream cheese and brown sugar until soft. Stir in the vegan sour cream and one-third of the egg replacer at a low speed.
- Beat another third of the egg replacer into the mixture, followed by sugar and mix until well combined. Add the remaining egg replacer and mix well.
- Optional mix-ins:
- 1-2 Tbls. Raspberry preserves
- 1 Tbls. Key lime juice
- 1-2 Tbls. Strawberry preserves
- 1-2 Tbls. Pumpkin purée + 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1-2 Tbls. Peanut butter + 1 tsp. chocolate syrup
- 2-3 Sandwich cookies, crushed (for a cookies ‘n’ cream flavor)
- Pour the filling into the crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then allow to cool. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before decorating as desired, then enjoy!
Makes 6 to 8 servings