1 English cucumber, cut in half lengthwise, seeded, and chopped
1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
12-14 vegetarian prawns (available from www.vegieworld.com)
1 Tbsp. curry powder
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
• To make the vinaigrette, purée the cucumber with the vinegar in a blender until very smooth. Add the sesame oil and blend again. Season with salt and pepper, pour into small bowl, and chill, if desired.
• Sprinkle the vegetarian prawns with the curry powder and salt and pepper.
• Heat the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
• Add the “prawns” and sauté them, turning once or twice, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
• Serve immediately with the vinaigrette for dipping.
Makes 4 servings