Marco Borges’ Butternut Squash and Spinach Lasagna Roll-UpsPrint
- 3 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 2 tsp. olive oil (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cups frozen spinach
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 whole grain lasagna noodles, cooked
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, sliced into thin ribbons
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, lightly toasted (optional)
- Toss the cubed squash in the olive oil (if desired) and a sprinkle of salt. Roast at 350°F for 25 minutes, or until soft and golden brown on one side.
- Cook the garlic, shallot, and spinach in a saucepan over low heat until warm. Add a touch of water if needed to prevent sticking and browning.
- Mash the squash with the spinach. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Lay the noodles flat. Spread the spinach and squash mixture evenly on one side. Starting at one end, roll each noodle up tightly.
- Place the roll-ups in a pan and cover with 1 1/2 cups of the marinara. Bake at 400°F for about 15 minutes, or until fragrant and browned.
- Remove from the oven and cover with the remaining marinara. Top with the basil and sunflower seeds.
Makes 2 servings
Find more vegan recipes at 22DaysNutrition.com.
Adapted and published by permission of Marco Borges