Black Eyed Peas & Veggie MedleyPrint
- 1/2 pkg. of 14 oz. extra firm tofu
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups rice, cooked (a microwavable bag of rice works fine)
- 1 can black-eyed peas
- 2 cups collard greens, chopped (frozen works fine)
- 1 pkg. smoked tofu, cubed
- 1 tsp. salt
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Cooking spray, for tofu
- Use a tofu press to drain the tofu. Alternatively, wrap in a kitchen towel and place between two plates with a heavy book on top for 30 minutes, replace the towel with a fresh one, and repeat.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes and arrange in a single layer on a large parchment-lined baking sheet. Lightly spray with cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes, flip, then continue baking until golden brown and crisp, about 20 more minutes.
- Add the oil to a pan over medium heat. Add the onion and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the rice and black-eyed peas. Sauté for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the collard greens and salt and stir for a few minutes, until cooked through. Top with baked tofu.
- Serve with hot sauce and enjoy!