Adapted with permission from RightRice.
Black Beans and RightRice with Roasted Red PeppersPrint
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 pkg. RightRice Spanish rice
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable stock or water
- 6 sweet mini peppers, sliced
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lime, halved
- 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- In a medium-size frying pan, warm 1 tablespoonful of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and 1 pinch of the salt and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is soft and translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in the RightRice, coating the grains with the oil. Add the stock, bring to a simmer, and immediately turn off the heat. Cover and let sit for 12 minutes.
- Heat 2 teaspoonfuls of the olive oil in a small saucepan. Add the mini peppers and the remaining salt and cook for 2 minutes, or until the peppers are barely soft. Set aside in another dish.
- In the same pan, warm the black beans over low heat.
- Juice half of the lime and cut the remaining half into wedges.
- Fluff the cooked rice with a fork then stir in the lime juice and the remaining olive oil.
- Divide the rice evenly between four bowls. Top each with the beans, mini peppers, and cilantro. Serve with the lime wedges.