Beer-Battered Onion RingsPrint
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Egg replacer equivalent of one egg
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 12-oz. vegan beer
- 3 large sweet onions, sliced into rings
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the egg replacer, oil, and beer and stir until just combined.
- Dip the onion rings into the batter, then drop them into hot vegetable oil (about 365°F).
- Cook until golden and crispy, then remove from the oil and drain on paper towels.