Decadent Dairy-Free Chocolates to Celebrate Valentine's Day With
For Immediate Release:
January 29, 2019
Megan Wiltsie 202-483-7382
Norfolk, Va. – Just in time for Valentine’s Day, PETA has selected the Top 8 Vegan Chocolate Boxes from chocolatiers across the country, whose treats are as sweet to animals as they are to the lucky valentines who receive them:
- Velvet Box Truffles (in pomegranate, raspberry, and dark chocolate flavors) from Harbor Candy Shop in Ogunquit, Maine
- Fatally Yours (in skull, brain, finger, and other spooky shapes) from Vegan Treats in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- Divine Kingdom (cute, animal-shaped organic chocolates) from Divine Treasures in Manchester, Connecticut
- Vegan Cordial Cherries (marinated in Kirsch and draped in chocolate) from Rose City Chocolatier in Martinsburg, West Virginia
- Cupid’s Kisses (chocolate and hazelnut-butter crunch coated in toasted coconut) from Sjaak’s Organic Chocolates in Petaluma, California
- Heart Truffle Box (in assorted flavors that are vegan and nut- and soy-free) from No Whey Chocolates in Lakewood, New Jersey
- Love Truffles (chocolates with coconut flakes and rose petals) from UliMana in Asheville, North Carolina
- Velvet Heart Box (including Red Raspberry, Tahitian Caramel, and Champagne flavors) from Ethereal Confections in Woodstock, Illinois
“Giving a gift of vegan truffles or chocolate-covered cherries on Valentine’s Day shows that you know all about love—including love of animals,” says PETA President Ingrid Newkirk. “PETA encourages everyone to have a heart for all on February 14.”
Vegan chocolates and other desserts are free of saturated animal fat and cholesterol, and they spare animals immense suffering—such as in the dairy industry, where calves are taken away from their loving mothers shortly after birth.
Each winner will receive a framed certificate. PETA—whose motto reads, in part, that “animals are not ours to eat or abuse in any other way”—is also offering free vegan Valentine’s Day dessert recipes on its website along with a selection of sweet gifts from the PETA Catalog.