The Halloween craze is over (thank goodness), the heat is perpetually cranked up in your apartment, and you’re pretty sure that was the last bit of Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas” you just caught on the radio. This can mean only one thing: It’s time to start your holiday shopping. Groan. It can be stressful out there, we know. So to get those inspirational juices flowing, we’re giving you our top gift picks for your BFF or girlfriend this season.
Oh, and the best part? Several of the brands featured below have offered rocking discounts for PETA supporters from 12 a.m. on Black Friday (November 28) through 11:59 p.m. on Cyber Monday (December 1). Product descriptions below that are preceded by an asterisk (*) mark the companies that have created discount codes just for you!
To keep her cozy all winter long:
- The North Face’s new ThermoBall™ jackets are composed of a tightly woven synthetic fabric that allows for insulation even when it’s wet, and it traps heat within small air pockets to ensure that its wearer stays toasty even when temperatures dip to unbearable lows. This exciting new technology is poised to replace down—which is often live-plucked from the sensitive skin of ducks and geese—in the coming years.
- The Tree Kisser’s “Make the World Better” Crop Sweatshirt is a cotton, polyester, and rayon blend that reminds everyone who sees it that we all have the power to make a difference each and every day.
- Cornelia Guest teamed up with Project Gravitas to create the Lyle moto jacket—the ultimate mix of style and compassion. This svelte vegan leather jacket is at once edgy and timeless, bound to give any outfit that extra “pop.”
- Nothing is more perfect for cuddling up in front of the fire or breaking a sweat at the gym than a classic Logo Sweater from Bruce Heart. Rylee Maver and Elle Howard, the founders of this compassionate company, have pledged to donate $2 from the sale of every sweater to the Broken Hearts Ministry, an organization dedicated to assisting the homeless people of Los Angeles.
- Forget the ugly Christmas sweater. It’s not a holiday party without the stark contrasts of Topshop’s 100 percent polyester Colour-Block Knit by Boutique.
- We really can’t get enough of Zara’s Two-Tone Poncho. This fuzzy vegan wool is an acrylic-polyester blend that oozes carefree sophistication. The sheep agree!
To keep the rest of her selfie-ready:
- ZooShoo’s vegan leather Bronco-11 Booties will give your look that extra edge with side cutouts and bulky buckles.
- *VAUTE’s Cole Felt Hat is hand-blocked on original vintage molds in New York City and insulated with a high-tech, durable vegan wool material that’s created from recycled bottles. Shop for 40 percent off on any VAUTE winter coat by using discount code #WoolFreeWinter from Black Friday through Cyber Monday!
- Cri de Coeur’s Ana Round-Heel Booties are made with vegan suede, velvet, and the stuff of mod dreams! Not to mention the pop of pink that would make even the starkest tomboy twinge with longing.
- Backpacks are back in a big way this year, and what better way is there to honor this trend than by gifting a bright red, monochromatic bag this holiday season? Look no further than Freedom of Animals’ Mara Backpack, which is made with post-consumer, cruelty-free vegan leather materials and is vegetable dyed. If it sounds like a little piece of heaven, that’s because it is.
- *These tall faux-fur spats by Vriie are just the thing she needs to spruce up an everyday boot, and they come in a variety of colors and sizes. This brand-new company, which is run by two sisters, is bound to give fur designers a run for their money. Get 40 percent off on these or any Vriie creation by using discount code #WoolFreeWinter from Black Friday through Cyber Monday!
- *With hanging mistletoe looming on the horizon, it’s in every girl’s best interests to have her lips in tip-top shape for the holidays. Make her day by filling her stocking with 100 Percent Pure’s Fruit-Pigmented Lip Butter, made with real avocado, cranberry, and shea and cocoa butters. This concoction will leave her lips feeling ultra-moisturized and healthier than ever. Get 15 percent off on this or any 100 Percent Pure product by using discount code #WoolFreeWinter from Black Friday through Cyber Monday!
- *For the girl whose nails always find a way to chip, NCLA’s bestselling, cruelty-free nail wraps are the best thing that’ll ever happen to her fingers. They don’t require drying time or heat lamps, and they last for weeks! With a multitude of designs to choose from and the option to create your own using the new myNCLA app, this is the ultimate stocking stuffer. Shop for 15 percent off on products from NCLA’s website or the iTunes app by using discount code NLCALovesPETA from Black Friday through Cyber Monday!
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics’ (OCC) lip tar will no doubt have her asking, “Why isn’t all lipstick this good?!” With intense pigments and a long wear time that you’ll be hard-pressed to find elsewhere—not to mention ingredients such as paraben-free organic hemp and peppermint oils—no girl should leave home without it.
Hopefully by now, you’re feeling a bit better about pulling out that credit card. In the end, it’s the thought that counts—and your girls will no doubt appreciate receiving any of the kind gifts above that support our shared cruelty-free values this holiday season.
Get involved by tagging us on social media with any gift suggestions of your own by using #PETA and #WoolFreeWinter. You can also text SHOP to 73822 for 20% off your next order at PETACatalog.com from November 28th until November 30th. For more ethical style tips, check out our fashion section and Pinterest boards. Happy shopping!