I was horrified when I first learned that some cosmetics, personal-care products, and household-cleaning products are still tested on animals. A great way to avoid purchasing products that are tested on animals is to make your own, like these DIY Cruelty-Free Bath Bombs.
These tiny, fizzy, stress-relievers make great gifts, or you can use them to treat yourself! Relax your mind in more ways than one by tossing one of these scented, cruelty-free bombs into your next bath.
DIY Cruelty-Free Bath Bombs
2 cups baking soda
1 cup citric acid
1 cup cornstarch
10 drops essential oil
5 drops food coloring
2 cups water
1 spray bottle
Plastic, stainless steel, or silicone baking molds or wax paper
- Combine the baking soda, citric acid, and cornstarch in a large mixing bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Add the essential oil to the mixture using a dropper and slowly integrate.
- Add the food coloring and water to the spray bottle. Lightly spray the mixture until it becomes damp. It should not fizz but should be dense.
- Pack the mixture into the molds or roll into small ball shapes and place on a sheet of wax paper; the mixture will flatten and harden. Let sit overnight and then carefully remove from the molds or the wax paper.
- Add 1 to 2 bath bombs (depending on size) to a bathtub filled with warm water and watch it fizz.
- Soak, relax, and enjoy!
Like what you see here? Get more ideas: