Looking for a unique addition to your fall menu lineup? Look no further than this delectable dish featuring my favorite fall ingredient: pumpkin!
When I originally saw this vegetarian recipe on the Taste of Home website, I knew that I had to add it to my repertoire. This recipe was easily veganized by replacing just a few ingredients, and let’s be honest: Any time a dish involves pasta and pumpkin, it’s sure to be a hit. Enjoy!
Vegan Pumpkin Lasagna
1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. olive oil
1 15-oz. can solid-pack pumpkin
1/2 cup soy milk
1 tsp. dried sage
1 12-oz. pkg. no-cook lasagna noodles
2 cups tofu ricotta cheese
1 cup vegan mozzarella shreds
1/4 cup vegan parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet, sauté the mushrooms, onion, and 1/4 teaspoonful of the salt in the olive oil until tender, then set aside.
- Combine the pumpkin, soy milk, sage, pepper, and remaining salt in a small bowl and mix well.
- Coat a baking dish with the cooking spray. Spread about 1/4 cup of the pumpkin sauce in the bottom of the dish and top with a layer of noodles. Add 1/4 cup of the pumpkin sauce, spreading evenly to the edges of the noodles. Add half the mushroom mixture, 1/2 cup of the tofu ricotta, 1/2 cup of the vegan mozzarella shreds, and 1 tablespoonful of the vegan parmesan cheese in layers. Repeat the layers, then top with the remaining noodles and sauce and sprinkle with the remaining vegan cheese.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 50 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Makes 6 to 8 servings