I’ve always loved the pairing of sweet tomatoes with basil, and this recipe puts a unique twist on a classic salad featuring the two: the Caprese. Combining vegan cheese, tiny noodles, and the aforementioned tomatoes and basil, we’re left with a creamy pasta baked to perfection.
Pair with a vegan Caesar salad and some freshly baked bread, and you have a delicious and complete meal that your whole family will love. Enjoy!
Vegan Caprese Mac and CheeseView Recipe
- 8 oz. ditalini or other small pasta
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. onion powder
- 2 cups chopped sugar plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp. vegan margarine
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella-style cheese shreds, plus more for garnish
- 2 Tbsp. vegan Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup unsweetened plain soy milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large frying pan. Add the garlic and onion powder and heat until fragrant. Add the tomatoes and basil and sauté for about 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat the vegan margarine until melted. Add the vegan cheese shreds and vegan Parmesan, then stir in the soy milk slowly. Continue stirring until a sauce forms.
- In a large baking dish, combine all the ingredients and stir well. Garnish with additional vegan cheese shreds and vegan Parmesan and bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese on top is melted.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Like what you see here? Get more ideas: