The following post is by Lauren Gordon, PETA’s celebrity marketing coordinator. Lauren is also a certified holistic health counselor.
Anglophiles, unite! Royal wedding fever has struck the states! Prince William and Kate Middleton’s nuptials have been dubbed the “Wedding of the Century,” and coverage of this royal celebration has engulfed the media. Get the scoop on animal-friendly royal wedding news here:
- PETA is sending a special wedding gift to the royal couple containing “something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue.”
- What isn’t on the wedding menu? Foie gras—Prince Charles banned it from royal residences because of the widespread inhumane practices involved in producing it.
- Plants and flowers used in the wedding will be locally sourced and then replanted, a green and sustainable choice for the eco-conscious couple.
- Excited canines can get in the festive spirit by donning a commemorative Prince William and Kate Middleton Doggie T-Shirt!
- America’s answer to the royal wedding: Vegan couple King of Vegas Steve Wynn and his girlfriend, Andrea Hissom, will wed the same weekend as the British royals. Rumor has it, the wedding will be a vegan affair.
- Williamsburg will host a canine royal wedding, featuring rescued dogs.
- “Kate” is becoming an increasingly popular name for dogs and “Prince William” is gaining popularity among the feline set.
If you didn’t make the guest list for the royal affair (or maybe your invite just got lost in the mail), celebrate at home by making traditional English dishes, such as vegan sausage rolls and crumpets, served alongside a cup of tea with soy milk.