The joy of the holiday season is partially found in the gifts you give, and that I receive—I kid. Finding the perfect gift for a loved one can bring just as much joy to both parties, but finding the right gift is not always an easy task. I stress endlessly over even the smallest presents I give, and I always tell my friends they can return them before they’ve even been opened.
If you’re shopping for a food-obsessed loved one this year, the gift-giving options are practically endless. There are cookbooks, gadgets, tools, ingredients, experiences, and tastes—any of which could be the perfect gift. I’ve rounded up a few of the highlights of foodie gifts (aka, gifts I’d like to receive), and whether the person you’re shopping for dreams of being the next Rachael Ray, is an at-home gourmet, or just happens to be your favorite food blogger, one of the gifts below will surely please.
- Veganomicon: The most recent cookbook by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero can pretty much be considered the bible of vegan cuisine. This is the perfect gift for the vegan at-home chefs out there.
- Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro Lens for Canon SLR Cameras: For aspiring food bloggers and photographers out there, I consider this to be the mother of all lenses. I don’t actually have one, but it’s the lens used on SmittenKitchen.com, and just look at the pictures!
- Restaurant Gift Certificates: I’m pretty sure that most people out there would be thrilled to receive a restaurant gift certificate. They’re a little cooler than their cousins—the store gift certificate or Visa gift card—and people can’t resist free food. With vegetarian restaurants all over the country, it should be easy to find one near your food-lovin’ loved one.
- ‘Olive Oil of the Month’ Club: igourmet.com offers an “Extra Virgin Olive Oil of the Month” club, which features oils from all over the world. The cost to you is only $29.99 per month, with shipping included. This gift will certainly please even the snobbiest foodies.
- Vegetarian Cooking Classes: If you have the time and money to go all out, sign your foodie friend up for a vegan cooking class at the Natural Gourmet Institute in NYC. Throw in airfare, accommodations, and gift certificates to vegan eateries such as Blossom and Candle 79, and you’ll have a gift that’s the ultimate food-focused getaway.
- Vita-Mix: Devotees of Vita-Mix would be horrified if you referred to this super machine as simply a blender—it’s so much more. Vita-Mix can cook soups in just minutes, and it makes the creamiest sauces around. It’s the perfect kitchen tool for health-conscious vegetarians or vegan gourmets.