The following article was written by Tiffany Rose of CrueltyFreeMoms.com.
I’m a single mom. My life involves waking up at 5 a.m. just so I can drink my pony keg of coffee without my beautiful monster deliberately attempting to knock it out of my hand. I sit in the dark, reveling in the only peace and quiet that I will know all day before I have to drag my son’s defiant butt out of bed, scrape the mold off the last piece of overpriced whole-grain bread, and slather it with organic raw agave nectar, at which point it will be vehemently protested. He wanted peanut butter. I should have known.
Oh, the joys of motherhood! Yes, we love these little buggers with every carbon atom we are made of, but let’s keep it real: This is some tough work. That’s why I’ve put together a list of some awesome items that can give any mom a much-needed boost. OK, a child-free trip to the Mayan Riviera isn’t one of them, but hey, these have all made my life a wee bit easier!
Check it out:
1. An extra-comfy athletic shoe, because no matter how old our kids are, aren’t we all still trying to lose the pregnancy weight?
2. A sexy heel for those essential nights out. No more talking about it. Book the dang sitter, and get your funky butt on the dance floor.
3. A fabulous bag that will hold everything you need (but it’s your job to remember to bring it all with you)!
4. An eco-friendly lunchbox so you can fill up your tummy without filling up landfills.
5. Since Fifty Shades of Grey may not be the best playground reading, check out Vegan for Her. It has loads of tips and recipes designed especially for you!
6. A healthy energy bar, because you’re either running for the kids or running away from them! Am I right, ladies?
7. A cruelty-free skincare line to help you look rested (even when you aren’t)!
Since you have one of the toughest jobs in the world, these animal-friendly essentials should make life a little bit easier!