Aside from rolling around on catnip sprinkled on the floor and hiding in cardboard boxes, neither of my two cats likes toys all that much. But they have taken a liking to one of my all-time favorite DIY cat toys.
These toys take about five minutes to make and are very inexpensive, so my feelings are never hurt when they get shredded to bits.
• Baby socks (newborn socks work best)
• Polyester stuffing
• Dried catnip
• Small jingle bells (available at most craft or fabric stores)
• A needle and some upholstery thread or adhesive Velcro
• Stuff half the baby sock with polyester stuffing and catnip.
• Place a bell in the sock.
• Stuff the other half of the sock with polyester stuffing and catnip.
• Sew the sock shut using upholstery thread, and make sure that when you tie off the thread, you a have a nice sturdy knot that won’t come undone.
• Give to your cats and watch them roll around like crazy and play with their new present.