The following article was written by Corinne Alexaki.
Don’t let dust collect on your cookie sheets just because the holidays are over. Why not whip up some edible TLC, dog-treat style? Here is the perfect recipe to cure your favorite couch companion’s winter blues.
Vegan Carrot, Date, and Oatmeal Treats
1 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
1/2 cup instant unsweetened oatmeal
2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup finely chopped or grated raw carrots
2 Tbsp. pitted and finely chopped dates
1/2 cup natural unsalted peanut butter
1/2 cup filtered water
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, oatmeal, and baking powder. Make a well in the center.
- Place the carrots and dates in a separate bowl with the peanut butter and water.
- Add the peanut butter mix to the well in the flour mix and stir until combined.
- Flatten the dough on a lightly floured surface until it is approximately 1/4-inch thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut the treats.
- Arrange on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 14 to16 minutes, or until dry.
- Let cool for 30 minutes before serving.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Makes 40 servings