Baby calves torn away from their mothers, male chicks tossed into the garbage, and the similarities between the beloved family dog and the pig on the plate—these are just a few of the reasons why people choose to go vegan.
Here are the top eight #Reasons2GoVegan, according to our Twitter followers:
8. Because some mothers don’t get to keep their babies:
— PETA (@peta) June 12, 2014
7. Because male chicks’ lives matter, too:
6. Because images like this were banned on social-media sites:
— PETA (@peta) January 11, 2014
5. Because her eyes say it all:
4. Because when it comes to feelings such as fear, pain, love, and joy, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy:
— PETA (@peta) May 28, 2014
3. Because animals need their body parts, we don’t:
2. Because no one should pick and choose which animals to love:
— PETA (@peta) July 19, 2014
1. Because most milk is stolen:
Share your #Reasons2GoVegan by retweeting these messages and following @PETA on Twitter.