You can’t pick up a newspaper (or browse a news blog) anymore without seeing an article lamenting the state of the economy—especially when it comes to unemployment. The question on everyone’s mind seems to be, “Are there any jobs available?” Sadly, the answer in the meager want ads seems to be a resounding “No.”
But there’s hope, people! One place, at least, is still hiring. Thanks to the exponentially increasing interest in animal rights (just look at the reactions to our new undercover investigation), PETA has been fortunate enough to be able to expand its workforce.
This video makes excellent points about PETA’s mission, but I would like to add a few more reasons why working for PETA is the best job in the world*:
- When somebody offers you a snack, there’s no need to say, “Thanks, but is it vegan?” (It is!)
- At PETA, every day is “Take Your Dog to Work Day.” (If only Sir Dracula were up to making the trip to the office.)
- When I tell people what I do for a living, they invariably ask me if I’ve ever gone naked for a protest. What a conversation-starter!
- On a related note, two words: naked celebrities.
- And, of course, there’s the fact that you’re helping to fight animal abuse around the world—and that’s no small thing.
Convinced? I thought so. So head on over to check out our current job openings and give us a holler—we’d love to hear from you.
Written by Amanda Schinke
*According to a recent study, the worst job in the world is that of a lumberjack. PETA has no lumberjack positions. Coincidence? Or evidence of how awesome PETA is?