This Saturday is International Animal Rights Day, and we’re celebrating by giving away a copy of The PETA Practical Guide to Animal Rights, a page-turner that’s jam-packed with ways that anyone, anywhere, can make a huge difference for animals.
To enter for a chance to win the book, post a comment telling us what you’ll be doing for animals this Saturday. Here are some suggestions to help get your creative juices flowing:
- Tell a company that is still abusing animals to get with the times. PETA’s Action Center makes it easy to pick a target or two (or 10).
- Wear an animal rights T-shirt. If you don’t have one, well, you’ve come to the right place!
- Clean out your closet and give your leather, wool, and fur to a homeless shelter.
- Take the Pledge to Be Vegan.
- Post a video, such as the one showing Ringling trainers who beat elephants, to your Facebook page.
- Give yourself a makeover with new cruelty-free products and toss out any products you have that were tested on animals.
- Take a chained dog or a shelter dog for a walk, or give him or her some straw bedding and treats.