Calling all football fans! The results are in, and it looks like this year’s contenders for the most vegetarian-friendly NFL stadium fought all the way to the end zone. These stadiums satisfied the hungriest of the hungry with delicious munchies ranging from the oldie-but-goodie veggie burger to the more exquisitely prepared Garden Harvest vegetable crudités.
Get out your pen and paper and jot down PETA’s Top Five Vegetarian-Friendly NFL Stadiums; because even if your number one team isn’t listed, you’re going to want to make a point of traveling to these stadiums! Get ready! Drum roll, please ….
5. Lambeau Field (Green Bay Packers) In fifth place is the home of the Green Bay Packers. These fans really know how to “pack” in the vegetarian bratwurst and PB&J! My question: Does that bratwurst come with a heaping side of sauerkraut? Delish!
4. Metrodome (Minnesota Vikings) Sittin’ in fourth place is the Metrodome, where vendors offer Gardenburgers and Blimpie’s vegetarian sandwiches and salads.
3. Lincoln Financial Field (Philadelphia Eagles) Philly might have taken home top prize for having the number one vegetarian-friendly baseball stadium this year, but on the football side of things, the city ranks third with hungry helpings of the classics: veggie dogs and veggie burgers.
2. McAfee Coliseum (Oakland Raiders) Just out of first place is McAfee Coliseum. One could eat for days here snacking on veggie dogs, veggie burgers, baked potatoes, and fruit cups!
1. Qualcomm Stadium (San Diego Chargers) And congratulations to … Qualcomm stadium! With bean burritos, veggie sushi rolls, vegetable wraps, veggie hot dogs, and Gardenburgers, the avid sports fan can pile his or her lap high with mouth-watering goodies. Heck, you can buy enough in one trip to last the whole game!
Of course, two more contenders deserve honorable mentions: Fed-Ex Field (Washington Redskins) for its black-bean veggie burgers and vegetarian wraps and Paul Brown Stadium (Cincinnati Bengals) for its Gardenburger, hummus with pita bread, and various salads.
Whether you’re a soda and veggie dog kinda sports fan or lean more toward a fruity wine and grilled bratwurst, these stadiums will have something to satisfy even your strongest fourth-quarter hunger pangs. So, go on and cheer—now you really have something to shout about during Monday Night Football!
Written by Jennifer Cierlitsky