Bears, whales, puppies, and bunnies—we’ve thrown a little bit of everything into today’s serving of Internet Soup:
- A pet store bans drunks from buying puppies. Hopefully next it will stop selling puppies altogether, because who in their right mind would buy a dog when millions are languishing in shelters?
- When a homeless man’s companion rabbit is thrown into a river, he leaps into action—literally.
- A newspaper columnist looks at animal attacks from the animals’ point of view.
- Any idea what’s in Spam? Mother Jones lets you in on the secret ingredient.
- A whale shows her appreciation after being freed from a fishing net.
Written by Alisa Mullins