OK, people, we’ve reached that point in the week where I try to palm a bunch of indiscriminately chosen links off on you in an attempt to purge a folder called “blog ideas” that sits in my Outlook and silently judges me. Some of these links will doubtless change your life; others will make you wish you had those precious seconds back again. But you’ll never know which is which until you click them. It’s like that scene in Flash Gordon where Flash reaches into a series of holes in a log, knowing that one of them contains a poisonous reptile. Any Flash Gordon fans in the house? I really liked that movie.
Anyway, here are some links. Many of them are relevant to the subjects traditionally covered on this blog.
- Fancast has a great list of TV’s most (and least) animal-friendly TV shows.
- All the people who have been clamoring for a claymation version of PETA’s Sex Talk video can now stop emailing me. Don’t speak English? Here it is in Spanish.
- Thank you, Matchbox 20.
- And thank you, Margaret Cho.
- Remind you of any comment threads you’ve seen recently?
- As a representative of PETA, I take it upon myself to officially endorse this ant farm.
- Eggs, the silent killer.
- My favorite part is where they say “camel beauty pageant” as if it was the most normal thing in the world. Probably a fairly lousy experience for the camels.
- OK, this one’s a treasure hunt: Check out this article about PETA’s president on Wikipedia, click “Discussion,” then scroll all the way down to the bottom and read the debate about whether the dog in the photo should be credited along with Ingrid. It’s just so … apt.
- Do hamburgers cause crime?
- That thing about fish having a “3-second memory”? Total B.S.
- Would you wear your dog? Me neither.
Hopefully that’ll tide you over through the weekend, but just in case you’re not totally sick of links to random web phenomena, let’s finish things up with this highly professional stop-motion video for my new hit song about Boston. Enjoy!