Happy Friday, y’all! Starting off with our first bite of soup, I’ll offer you a taste of something that I’ll never get tired of hearing about:
- In the 80s we convinced the USDA to fine a laboratory in which a number of chimpanzees “lived.” The chimpanzees would spend the majority of their 30 years on earth inside cages, locked in a basement with barely any light. We’ve worked on the case since then, and things have slowly moved forward. Here’s the heart-melting part: They’re now breathing the fresh air at the Chimpanzee Sanctuary Northwest in Seattle. Here’s a video of some of the chimpanzees from that laboratory reacting to their first snowfall.
- Now, for more fun stuff: It’s a duck in a truck. This here is a clip of a truck driver who’s found the answer to world peace in his best friend, Frankie the duck.
- We at PETA get a big kick out of the genius of the lolcats. Their Web site, icanhascheezburger.com, could use a name change, but we’ll let that slide for now as they’ve cooked up a lovely anti-fur ad.
- May I present a shining example of evil genius put to effective use? This cute and very twisted video game called Beefbash perfectly conveys the gruesomeness of meat by putting the electric prod and carving knife right into your hands. You even get to choose the adorable animal you butcher.
- Good news for pigs in Germany! Many male pigs will no longer be castrated before they are turned into food for a huge Dutch supermarket. Check out the story here.
- If your doctor tells you to go home and eat more fish, show him or her this article.
- And last but not least, if you’re still angry enough to spit at the abuse that those chimpanzees who now live in Seattle used to endure, take a gander at this karma. The wee monkey actually kept going until the stick broke!
Well, that was quite a large serving this month, and it was quite satisfying, if I do say so myself! Now that you’ve had your fill, off you go.
Until next time!
Written by Missy Lane