Greetings, you good-lookin’ PETA Files readers! Welcome once again to the Soup, our collection of animal antics and anecdotes to make you smile (or sniffle) and to remind you why you love our fellow critters so dog-gone much! Shall we begin? Oh, let’s!
- We’ve always said that dining under McDonald’s Golden Arches could help send you up to the Pearly Gates sooner than you’d like.
- If you’re a vegetarian and you live in New York, get ready to wear that compassion on your sleeve. Roll on down to the annual Veggie Pride Parade on Sunday, May 17.
- Yet another reason not to let your cat outside unsupervised. For a list of other reasons, click it.
- The callous reality of our first family’s not-so-good decision. Please, never buy an animal. Only adopt.
- What a fantastic interactive teaching tool! With just a simple click, you’re reminded that the power to help put an end to slaughterhouse cruelty is right there in your hands.
- Think that eating eggs is at least a little better than eating chicken? Take this virtual stroll through a battery cage and then tell me how you feel.
- The meat industry seems to be stealing a page from the Nazis’ playbook.
- To recover from that last bit: Noah—a one-legged pigeon—has adopted three orphaned baby bunnies.
The last story has had me cooing all morning. Precious! Thanks for hanging out, y’all!
Written by Missy Lane