Thanksgiving is all about the leftovers, but what about the things that come before the meal? This holiday is nothing without pre-shindig anticipation, so here are some tasty tidbits to hold you over before tomorrow’s cruelty-free feast:
- Not only is Thanksgiving turkey-eating cruel and unhealthy—it’s also boring. Who wants to eat the same thing every year? CNN asked vegetarians around the country what they cook for Thanksgiving, and the resulting collection of creative, humane meals is mouthwateringly eclectic—from homey pot pie to Vietnamese fusion.
- Laugh all you want at the Huffington Post’s crazy compilation of vegan Thanksgiving recipes gone awry, but there will never be anything less appetizing than this.
- As if you needed another reason to have a vegan Thanksgiving, The New York Times says there’s no better time than Thanksgiving to try meatless recipes—and, really, how could anyone resist the opportunity to save this guy?
- Millions of turkeys become the main course at Thanksgiving dinners, but thoughts of their short, traumatic lives are always pushed under the table. BusinessInsider is changing that with this gory glimpse into the hellish journey of a turkey’s life from birth to slaughter.
- Check out our guide to a vegan Thanksgiving. Warning: if you’re already hungry, you’ll torture yourself with food envy.
Written by Logan Scherer