- Turning off the tap while you brush your teeth can save up to 4 gallons every minute.
- Put a little water into the sink to rinse your razor with instead of running the faucet and you’ll save about 300 gallons a month.
- Fixing a drippy faucet can save 140 gallons a week.
- Shorten your shower by just a minute or two and you can save up to 150 gallons per month.
- Go vegan and you can save 1,100 gallons of water every day.
It takes the equivalent of 50 bathtubs of water to produce just one steak, a fact that two PETA bathing beauties pointed out today in Regina, Saskatchewan:
One pound of beef is also the equivalent of 180 showers, as people learned in Pittsburgh:
Producing 1 pound of pork requires approximately 793 gallons of water, and 1 pound of chicken meat takes about 571 gallons.
Take it from these skilled scrubbers: The best way to fight the worldwide water crisis and clear your conscience is to go vegan.