Every mom knows that families come in all shapes and sizes. Whether you’re helping the kids with their homework (and you thought you’d never need to use algebra again!), taking your pup for a walk when you’d rather be having a glass of wine and watching The Daily Show, or scooping out the kitty’s litterbox (while wishing you were doing anything else), you’re a mom, and you should be proud of your “kids”!
This Mother’s Day, we want you to show off your furry, four-legged adopted animals and tell everyone that you’re one #ProudRescueMom (because, just look at these faces—they’re enough to make any mother proud!).
For a chance to be featured on our website, post a photo of you with your rescued animal companion (following the easy steps below) and let us know that you’re a #ProudRescueMom. (Note: By sending your photo or photos to PETA via e-mail, Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram, you’re acknowledging that you have read and you agree to our terms of submission.)
1. Create a cute ‘rescue mom’ sign.
Write “This is (insert animal’s name), and I’m (his/her) #ProudRescueMom” on a piece of paper. Make it as creative and personal as you’d like—the sky is the limit!
2. Indulge in a mini photo shoot.
Snap a photo of you with your animal next to the sign. If you’re not one for selfies or your animal companion isn’t one to sit still, use an adorable photo that’s already on your camera roll.
3. Tell the world that you’re a #ProudRescueMom!
- Facebook: Post the photo on your page and tag PETA with #ProudRescueMom and #AdoptDontShop. Be sure tell your friends why you’re proud of your rescued animal.
- Twitter: Tweet the photo and tag @PETA with #ProudRescueMom and #AdoptDontShop.
- Instagram: Tag @PETA when you post your photo, and use the hashtags #ProudRescueMom and #AdoptDontShop.
We can’t wait to see your family!
If you’re considering welcoming a new furry friend into your family, please remember to adopt—don’t shop!