It’s that time of year again—when families, friends, and loved ones come together to celebrate peace, love, and joy during the holiday season. But animals never get a holiday! Are your friends and family asking you what’s on your wish list this holiday season? Here are some great suggestions for you to post on Facebook, Twitter, etc.:
1. Ask friends and family to go vegan.
Sample post: “If you’d like to get me a gift this Christmas, what I want more than anything is for you to go vegan! Please try vegan for two weeks and help save animals. I’ll help you along the way with tips, recipes, and encouragement!”
2. Ask them to watch Blackfish!
Sample Post: “Not sure what to get me this Hanukkah? Here’s a hint: Watch the award-winning thriller, Blackfish (it’s on Netflix!), and tell me what you think about it. Or better yet—let’s watch it together!”
3. Ask them to watch “Glass Walls”!
Sample post: “Want to know what I really want for the holidays? (Keep reading.) I would LOVE for you to watch the short video ‘Glass Walls,’ narrated by Paul McCartney. That’s it—and I’ll even watch it with you!”
Want more ideas? Try the following:
- Ask friends and family to take you out for a vegan dinner (for everyone) – their treat!
- Ask them to help protect animals by sending you a PETA “virtual gift”—such as a toy for a neglected dog or a day off for a working animal. Check out PETAPresents.com for more info!
- Ask them to read an animal-friendly book, such as Peter Singer’s Animal Liberation!
- Ask for a gift from the PETA Catalog. Every purchase is a donation to help animals!
- Ask them to join you on your next protest, animal volunteer event, or veg festival!
The possibilities are endless! Make sure that, if they take you up on your request, you offer support, encouragement, and positive feedback along the way.