Roasted Garlic Gravy (Video)
1 head garlic
1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. olive oil
1/4 cup flour
2 cups vegetable broth
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut off the top of the garlic head, exposing the tops of the cloves.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoonful of the olive oil on top and place in a garlic roaster (a small baking dish or a section of a muffin tin covered with foil also works).
- Bake covered at 375°F for 1 hour, or until browned and soft. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Remove the garlic cloves from the head, place in a bowl, and mash well with a fork.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and flour, whisking constantly, until lightly browned. Add the broth, continuing to whisk, and bring to a boil.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with mashed potatoes, faux turkey, or any other dish that needs a savory upgrade.