Peanut Butter-Chocolate Slow Cooker Cake
For the Chocolate Layer:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup soy milk
2 Tbsp. melted margarine
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup chocolate chips
• Lightly grease a 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker.
• In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Add the soy milk, margarine, and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Add the chocolate chips and pour into the prepared slow cooker.
For the Peanut Butter Layer:
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup peanut butter
• In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar and cocoa powder.
• In a separate bowl, combine the boiling water and the peanut butter. Mix into the cocoa mixture.
• Carefully pour evenly over the batter.
• Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
• Cool slightly before serving.
Makes 8 servings