Mushroom Burger Patties
1/2 lb. shredded portobello mushrooms with gills removed
1/2 lb. shredded crimini mushrooms
1/4 lb. shredded shiitake mushrooms with stems removed
1/4 lb. green bell pepper, seeded, minced, and strained
1/2 lb. minced, strained yellow onions
1/4 cup minced garlic
1/4 cup parsley, washed and chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 lb. falafel mix, dry
1 cup cooked oatmeal
• Clean mushrooms with a clean, damp cloth—do not wash under running water.
• Sauté bell peppers, onions, and garlic in canola oil until soft and most of the moisture evaporates out, at least 10 minutes. Add parsley. Add mushrooms and sauté until soft, allowing more moisture to evaporate out. Season to taste. Allow to cool on a flat baking pan.
• Mix well with falafel and oatmeal.
• Use a 4-oz. scoop to form patties. Place patties on a flat baking pan. Bake in a convection oven at 350°F for 15 minutes. Check for firmness and moisture content—they may need an additional 5 to 10 minutes. Let cool.
• Wrap individual patties in plastic wrap and place in an appropriate storage container.
Makes 8 patties