3/4 cup lite silken tofu, crumbled
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup unsweetened, roasted carob powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
2 Tbsp. canola oil
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup unbleached cane sugar
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup walnuts
• Preheat oven to 350°F.
• Mist an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
• Place the tofu, water, maple syrup, carob powder, oil, and vanilla extract in a blender and process until completely smooth.
• Place the remaining ingredients except the walnuts in a medium mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
• Pour the blended mixture into the dry ingredients and stir. Fold in the walnuts.
• Pour the batter evenly into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 40 minutes.
• Cool, cut, and serve.
Makes 10 brownies