Corn Bread Muffins
1 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup pastry flour
1/2 cup unbleached flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup water, or for a richer flavor, add 1/2 cup soy milk
2 Tbsp. oil
1 Tbsp. turbinado sugar
• Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
• Stir the dry ingredients, except the sugar, in a medium mixing bowl.
• In another bowl, combine the water, oil, and sugar, and stir well.
• Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and mix.
• Pour the batter into oiled cupcake tins 2/3full. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
Makes 8-10 servings