5 Fab Veg-Friendly Chain Restaurants

You don’t have to live in a big city to get a great vegan meal. Many nationwide restaurant chains offer tasty vegan options. Here are five of my favorite veg-friendly restaurant chains (in no particular order). I like to take my nonvegetarian friends and family members so they can see how easy it is to find delicious meatless meals in mainstream places. It’s usually not hard to convince them to try the vegan dishes—and they always rave about them.

Not only does P.F. Chang’s have an array of already vegetarian options, like the sautéed spinach, coconut curry vegetables, and savory tofu-stuffed lettuce wraps, everything on the menu can be made with tofu instead of meat too.

At Johnny Rockets, the diner with the old-time jukeboxes and the dancing wait staff, you can get a vegan Boca burger (called the Streamliner) with grilled onions, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, ketchup, and mustard.

Order fries and a cherry or chocolate Coke, too, if you want to get in the diner spirit. The blueberry, chocolate chip, cinnamon sugar, cranberry orange, pumpernickel, and rosemary olive-oil bagels at Bruegger’s Bagel Bakery are vegan. Bruegger’s also sells hummus and several vegetarian sandwiches (just order them without cheese or dressing, and add some vegan fixings).

Although Denny’s is known for its traditional all-night, diner-style meat-based fare, it also has some vegan options. You can get a vegan Boca burger patty for any burger on the menu and order it with seasoned French fries, a garden salad, or a baked potato with vegetable toppings. For breakfast, try the vegan oatmeal, bagels, grits, or fresh fruit.

You can substitute tofu for meat in the tacos, fajitas, salads, and burritos at Moe’s Southwest Grill. You can order whatever ingredients you like, so just ask for a vegan tortilla and tell them to skip the cheese and sour cream.

Mmmm mmm, my mouth is watering already. If you know of any other chain restaurants that serve veg options but aren’t listed in the link above, let us know.

Commenting is closed.
  • advordalk says:

emm… love it.

• Emily says:

I used to work at Johnny ROcket’s, and while the Streamliner is vegan, they cook it on the same grill as the meat patties. :(

• Babs says:

If you live in Connecticut, there is a Mexican chain called Senor Panchos with great mexican food and a big vegetarian section on their menu that is delicious! Check them out at: http://www.senorpanchos.net/

• Brent says:

Leslie: My sister-in-law lives in Richmond, and I’ve eaten at a Moe’s there a couple of times when my wife and I have gone for a visit. The Moe’s website says there are currently two locations in Richmond. Chili’s (black bean patty on any burger) has five locations, and there are two Red Robins (Boca patty). Eat up!

• Lynntofu says:

I agree Chipolte is a good place to get some vegan food.

• katy says:

The cheese on the boca burgers at Denny’s is NOT vegan. Just ask them to leave the cheese off

• Michelle says:

As far as I know, Burger King is one of the only “fast food” establishments that offers a veggie burger…. :)

• kfccruelty says:

ummm, I am a bit confused. The Denny’s that I go to states on the menu that the Boca burgers are made with cheese.
    I would love it though, if they are vegan since they are sooo yummy!
    Can someone please clarifiy this…

• Gee Cee says:

Gday from Down Under. I’d love for you guys to research some vego options in Oz, I find it difficult to keep living on chips and salad sandwiches when I’m trying to grab lunch on the run.

More power to you!

• Brittany says:

Chipotle Mexican Grill is a great place for yummy vegan food. They have vegetarian options for all their tacos, burritos, salads and bowls, and since you pick what you want on it, you can make it vegan with no cheese or sour cream. Their guacamole is amazing and their food is delicious!!! I love Chipotle!

Taco Bell is another place that I love to eat at. They are always very accomidating to Vegetarians.

• Alicia says:

I just recently had the vegetarian burger at Burger King in Roanoke, VA (two days in one week, actually) and loved it.

None of the Burger Kings in my area have them, though :(

• Anne says:

Have just checked the denny’s website and the Boca burger still has cheese in it!

• Leslie says:

I’m in Richmond, VA and we don’t have any of those chains here, except for Denny’s, of course. UNO’s is also veg friendly, and their selection is AMAZING! They have at least 20+ veggie options and they cost about the same as Applebee’s. Burger King has a veggie burger that tastes like a whopper without the nasty dead animal flesh! You just have to ask for it at the counter. Thanks for the additional info!